Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Twist of events

This morning was meant to be a surprise. But she never arrived. It turned out that she missed the flight because her first flight was delayed. The next flight was supposed to arrive at 1410 but she never called nor picked up my phone. So i decided to move. I didn't want to be caught in the peak hour. Called her before I made my move at 1446 but she didn't pick up, and so I left. But half an hour later she called, she just arrived, her flight I guess my be again delayed. I told her I already left.

Could it be that no matter what, I shouldn't be picking her up? Maybe it was for me to learn that I should wait longer? Or even if I waited longer, something else will happen to prevent me from doing so?

I did not regret, leaving. I was meant to leave. And she was meant to take another means of transport home. It has been decided. Perhaps there is a true meaning in that.

This morning I was hesitant in coming to the airport, but I did came, but to no avail. I drank a cup of coffee waiting for her but then I read on FB that she missed her flight. I was afraid that it was not a good timing to see her. Yeah, number of possibilities pop up in my mind. Firstly, she will be arriving in a group of five. They could easily rent a van to send them all home. If I was there, then they would need to split up because I can take only three. Secondly, they were all very tired. Worst if they were all being oversensitive and thus showing their grim sight. Perhaps I was being protected from seeing her very dark side. So that I will continue to like her. Even so, they will all be sleeping while I am driving. It would be no fun. Thirdly, I was feeling under the weather. I can barely speak. I should be talkative while picking them up, to show that I am excited to have her back home. After all, I miss her. 3 weeks she has been away. If I was quite during the drive, they will be awkward perhaps building up animosity towards me.

It is cool. If it is not today, maybe I will see her tomorrow or eventually whenever Allah permits. When everything is just good enough for us to be bonding closer. If it is not meant to be then it is also fine by me. What I want may not be the best for me. I will let fate decides where it will go from here. Nonetheless, I will make effort to see her, to talk to her, after all, I am the man and I should be making the move. Girls are still girls, they want to be pursued and not pursuing boys especially the girls who are above average.

No comments: