Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life and planning ahead

Plan changes, because you never know what will happen tomorrow.
I always change my plan. I change when I acquire more knowledge. When you have more information, you can plan better. The better you plan, the more ready you are to face the challenge in the future. With proper planning, you can even be prepared for something unexpected. You are calm when faced with surprises. Because in your planning you have not one way of going forward, but you are prepared with options for different scenarios. You will never be accused of over-planning. But let's not deter any progress of moving forward by thinking too much. Thinking too much that you are afraid stepping forward because you are trying to visualize all possibilities of stepping forward and not stepping forward. So let us not be confused with "planning" and "thinking too much". Yes, planning need some thinking but not to the extend you are procrastinating everything. You have to be quick in making scenarios and let some thoughts go away.

I am an engineer. I plan to become an engineer since I was a student at secondary school. I ruled out medic since I have never been comfortable with bloods and cutting anything that is living (or even some dead animal such as frog). I never have the complete information of what I can be when I grow. All I can think of is that I want to build things and so I must become an engineer. Yet even when engineers build things, they are not usually doing something spectacular, most engineers are just designing based on available designs. Well, I think i am saying something wrong, so let's not continue about what engineer is doing.

When I was an engineering student, I realized that all the theories being taught are too complicated. Most of us end up memorizing rather than understanding.

Wait.. I am digressing..


What I wanna is say that plan can change. It's ok to steer into different direction when you gain more knowledge. Life is about learning. You may not know what you really want to do in life. But it's ok. Life is about trying. If you do not try then you will never know. You may not want to believe everything people tell you. What they experience may be totally different from your own experience.

I am now an engineer but now I am doing an MBA. I am interested with financial engineering. Learning how money is being manipulated by the west. Perhaps, I would like to do a PhD in Financial Engineering, win a Nobel prize for creating a formula that can eradicate interest in common financial instruments. I would like to be writing at the wall street journal. Perhaps, I should begin writing there first before applying for PhD at a prestigious university in UK or US. After all they are the king of manipulators.. creating money out of nothing.

No comments: