Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The confusion over Hey You by NJZ

I am baffled profoundly on this occasion of having to deal with an opposite sex who looks as if she is interested in me (and i would be interested in her if she is interested in me, but never mind if she is not). It seems like like/crush/love at the first sight for her because i never did start to get to know her but she did and managed to get in touch and befriended me through FB (nowadays, to befriend someone is as easy requesting friendship online and if the other party accepts then a friendship is established voila!).

Well, I have established an online friendship with her after bumping to her unexpectedly after meeting someone else I know, and she happened to be arranging meeting with that someone I know. So maybe she got to know my name during the bumping (even though I did not really physically bumped into her but we sort of playing eyes with each other). She looks fine to me and perhaps I do too looks fine to her.

After few online message exchanges, she out of the blue gave her phone number and asked me to call her. I called her that night (after serious hesitation) and it was really bad timing since she was having dinner with "someone", she said she would call back but she never did. I was hoping too she would not be calling me somehow since I was tired and really wanted to go to sleep. Anyhow, I would be meeting her the next morning. It was just that I would be feeling very uneasy if I did not called her that night since the fact that I would be seeing her the next day. True enough, I felt asleep afterwards without the slightest uneasiness at my heart.

I saw the next day and casually asked how she had been. This would be our first time talking one on one, face to face. She was rather inviting, it seems, since she was sitting alone looking busy at her computer. Although she looks busy I just sat next to her and exchange few remarks. She took her laptop from the desk onto her lap as if wanting to hide from me what she was doing. (in another instance, when I was sitting beside a female colleague, she dimmed her screen so dark that I had the feeling that she herself was having trouble looking at the screen, just so that I could not look at what she was looking at her laptop screen). However, she found some free time out of her busy activity typing at the computer to actually talked and appear to pay attention to me. It was rather awkward, especially that she is speking English at me even though we are both Malay. It was more like I was speaking Malay and she kept answering me in English. It was then I lost my ball pen which was never recovered.

I went to sit elsewhere, somewhere more appropriate since my boss need me by his side. I did not talked to her the whole day, even during lunch when we were sitting at one table but of course the table was also occupied by few other people and we were not sitting side by side but actually opposite each other on that 8-person round table for lunch. So it would be more awkward for me to talk to her when she was at the other side of the table. I finally talked to her after the event ended and offered her my room since she had already checked and need to spend some times to wait for her flight at nine. Of course the room offer was not with me inside but I was about to go out the city and the room would empty and safe for her to go inside and take a rest, which she never did, which I believed was too much hassled since the shuttle bus to the airport is at seven while the moment the room offer was made it was already six. She would be better of sitting there and just wait for the shuttle bus than rather to go up the elevator, carry her stuff, go into the room then rush back downstairs to catch the bus. I totally agree with her action.

I figured that she never did go to my room since there was no trace of her in the room. I called her just to check whether she was safe but it was not picked up. However, she did text to say that she was already on board and I was sweet to offer the room but she did not really go to my room. I replied and asked whether she got lost finding my room but she never replied.

No comments: