Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A waiter in restaurant

I was once a waiter working in a Turkish restaurant. It was not really a difficult job and the pay was satisfactory. I remembered taking orders from customers, and there were sometimes customers who ordered something not in the menu and often times I was annoyed. Why wouldn't everyone just order something that IS on the menu? Why would anyone make my life miserable? Why? Why? I was a customer and always be a customer in some restaurant and sometimes I would just do the same. Sometimes, my experience stop me from ordering something different from the menu. I would rather spend more time studying the menu rather than asking the waiter or ask the waiter to put more of that, less of this, without that thing or ordering something out of the menu. I once ordered a plain fried egg when it is not really in the menu. I felt guilty sometimes but it was way back when I had not been a waiter. Indeed being a waiter has taught me some important lesson in life. I quited the job because I was bored. I am easily bored. Imagine having to do the same thing each time you come to work. I am not that kind of a person. I just could not stand it. Especially when I am also a student studying to get a degree. It was not really easy to be a student when you really want to excel in your studies. Nevertheless, I feel like working again since I need some money. I am now surveying some position working in the campus.

No comments: